Explore apps that connect to 400,000 retail stores with InComm’s Cashtie API and revolutionize the way consumers shop in retail stores, buy digital products, and pay bills.
InComm is the leading provider of prepaid and transaction technologies with 400,000 points of distribution, $ 25 billion annual transaction volume and reaching over 1 billion customers weekly.
InComm’s Cashtie API connects your App to these retailers' POS (Point of Sale) systems. You can build new or enhance existing Apps that improve the retail experience, including new in lane bill payments, cash payments for online transactions in retail stores, or to initiate the sale of digital products right from the consumers phone. All of these options are unlocked by simply providing a barcode displayed within your App that can be scanned and read by the retailers cash register and validated via the InComm/Cashtie real time POS integration.
Your challenge is to submit the next generation app that uses the Cashtie API to improve the retail in store sales experience, sell the hottest digital goods like music, movies and games that everyone is looking for in a retail store, or deliver meaningful cash payment services to the 20% of people in the U.S who are underbanked, but do possess a cell phone.
Your application will improve the shopping experience for everyday retail customers from all economic levels, while also generating more foot traffic, and customer loyalty for top retail stores—everyone wins, including you!
Top 5 Award (1 on 1 retailer meetings) (5)
• In person meeting and presentation of your winning app to top tier retailers via 1 on 1 sessions.
• Participation in an innovation booth to present and showcase your winning app to attendees at InComm Partner Alliance.
• Flight and accommodation for 1 person for to attend the InComm Partner Alliance Conference in Phoenix, AZ (up to $ 1500)
• Listing in the inComm/ Cashtie App store that is used by our retail partners to enable Apps leveraging the Cashtie API for their stores (pending retail partner approval)
• Invite to private Keynote from Steve Wozniak at the InComm Partner Alliance
Top 10 Award (10)
Judges will select the top ten Apps submitted to the Cashtie challenge. The winners will be listed with the mentioning "winner of the 2014 Cashtie Top Ten App Award" in the inComm/ Cashtie App store that is used by our retail partners to select Apps leveraging the Cashtie API for their stores (pending retail partner approval).
Popular Choice Award
Everybody can judge and will select the App that is the winner of the Cashtie challenge. The winner will be listed with the mentioning "winner of the 2014 Cashtie Popular Choice Award" in the inComm/ Cashtie App store that is used by our retail partners to select Apps leveraging the Cashtie API for their stores (pending retail partner approval).
Social Impact Award
Judges will select the App that improves consumers lives. The winner will be listed with the mentioning "winner of the 2014 Cashtie Social Impact Award" in the inComm/ Cashtie App store that is used by our retail partners to select Apps leveraging the Cashtie API for their stores (pending retail partner approval).
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
- Individuals - who have reached the age of majority in their local jurisdiction at the time of submission
- Teams of individuals
This is a global challenge, see Official Rules for details.
Eligible Platforms: Android, iOS, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, web(HTML5), PC, Mac, Linux, Java, Kindle
App Status: New and existing apps can participate (including apps that have been built using Cashtie prior to this challenge).
Disqualification: Inappropriate content
How to enter
- Sign up for the Cashtie API. (www.cashtie.com)
- Submit a working app that leverages the Cashtie API and makes use in any form of the Cashtie barcodes to complete a sales transaction via the POS.
- Create a demonstration video (YouTube or Vimeo) that includes footage that walks through and clearly explains your app’s features and functionality.
- Describe how your application can help retailers, brands, billers or financial services companies be more efficient with retailers shoppers or is used to sell products in new ways or assist the underbanked.
- Provide a way for us to access your app by including an installation file with your submission, sharing a test build, or by providing a URL where your app can be accessed for testing and judging.
- Submit your app by providing: 1) access to your app for testing; 2) screenshots of your working app; 3) a video (YouTube/Vimeo) demonstrating your working app.
The API Evangelist
President Adility, SVP - InComm
Sr. Manager - BestBuy
GM GoDaddy & former Paypal/ eBay Platform
Business Development –Ticketmaster
General Partner - Felicis Ventures
CEO - Market Platform Dynamics, President pymnts.com
General Partner - Commerce Ventures
Stacey Sanna McAllister
Business Direct - The Gap
Engineering - Walmart Labs
Chief Digital Strategy Officer - Sony Pictures
Business Promotions - GameStop
Managing Member - Simon Equity Partners
Platform Operations - Facebook
SVP - New York City Economic Development Corporation
Distinguished professor of computing Georgia Tech, Ph.D., Founder Flashpoint
Quality of the idea
Including creativity, originality and fit with the target audience.
Implementation of the idea
Including user experience, design, and integration.
Including impact on the consumers and retailers.