Explore apps that connect to 400,000 retail stores with InComm’s Cashtie API and revolutionize the way consumers shop in retail stores, buy digital products, and pay bills.
InComm is the leading provider of prepaid and transaction technologies with 400,000 points of distribution, $ 25 billion annual transaction volume and reaching over 1 billion customers weekly.
InComm’s Cashtie API connects your App to these retailers' POS (Point of Sale) systems. You can build new or enhance existing Apps that improve the retail experience, including new in lane bill payments, cash payments for online transactions in retail stores, or to initiate the sale of digital products right from the consumers phone. All of these options are unlocked by simply providing a barcode displayed within your App that can be scanned and read by the retailers cash register and validated via the InComm/Cashtie real time POS integration.
Your challenge is to submit the next generation app that uses the Cashtie API to improve the retail in store sales experience, sell the hottest digital goods like music, movies and games that everyone is looking for in a retail store, or deliver meaningful cash payment services to the 20% of people in the U.S who are underbanked, but do possess a cell phone.
Your application will improve the shopping experience for everyday retail customers from all economic levels, while also generating more foot traffic, and customer loyalty for top retail stores—everyone wins, including you!
- Individuals - who have reached the age of majority in their local jurisdiction at the time of submission
- Teams of individuals
This is a global challenge, see Official Rules for details.
Eligible Platforms: Android, iOS, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, web(HTML5), PC, Mac, Linux, Java, Kindle
App Status: New and existing apps can participate (including apps that have been built using Cashtie prior to this challenge).
Disqualification: Inappropriate content
How to enter
- Sign up for the Cashtie API. (www.cashtie.com)
- Submit a working app that leverages the Cashtie API and makes use in any form of the Cashtie barcodes to complete a sales transaction via the POS.
- Create a demonstration video (YouTube or Vimeo) that includes footage that walks through and clearly explains your app’s features and functionality.
- Describe how your application can help retailers, brands, billers or financial services companies be more efficient with retailers shoppers or is used to sell products in new ways or assist the underbanked.
- Provide a way for us to access your app by including an installation file with your submission, sharing a test build, or by providing a URL where your app can be accessed for testing and judging.
- Submit your app by providing: 1) access to your app for testing; 2) screenshots of your working app; 3) a video (YouTube/Vimeo) demonstrating your working app.
The API Evangelist
President Adility, SVP - InComm
Sr. Manager - BestBuy
GM GoDaddy & former Paypal/ eBay Platform
Business Development –Ticketmaster
General Partner - Felicis Ventures
CEO - Market Platform Dynamics, President pymnts.com
General Partner - Commerce Ventures
Stacey Sanna McAllister
Business Direct - The Gap
Engineering - Walmart Labs
Chief Digital Strategy Officer - Sony Pictures
Business Promotions - GameStop
Managing Member - Simon Equity Partners
Platform Operations - Facebook
SVP - New York City Economic Development Corporation
Distinguished professor of computing Georgia Tech, Ph.D., Founder Flashpoint
Quality of the idea
Including creativity, originality and fit with the target audience.
Implementation of the idea
Including user experience, design, and integration.
Including impact on the consumers and retailers.